About the Project Waves is an open source blockchain-powered platform, whose crowd funding campaign raised US$ 16 million. The project includes several areas: first, it helps its users to issue their...
About the Project
Waves is an open source blockchain-powered platform, whose crowd funding campaign raised US$ 16 million. The project includes several areas:
- first, it helps its users to issue their individual tokens equivalent to particular assets;
- second, Waves is a powerful software for cryptocurrency exchanges analysis;
- third, the platform allows for crowd funding campaigns to be conducted;
- and fourth, it ensures decentralized and transparent voting.
Waves ensures a high network throughput (1000 transactions per second) at minimal transaction fees. The platform has its own exchange called DEX, which is unique in that each trader can set up a trade pair at his convenience. The commission fees for exchange transactions are quite democratic adding another benefit to the startup. It should be noted that Waves has a smart contract functionality implemented and allows its users to exchange simple messages.
Cryptocurrency holders are rewarded for maintaining the network, but only those nodes that have 10,000 and more tokens can participate in the process.
The majority of the Waves team members are based in Moscow. The project founder and CEO is Alexander Ivanov, a graduate of Moscow State University (Theoretical Physics Department). Prior to plunging into the blockchain environment, Alexander was involved in trading, in particular, the development of exchange robots. Alexander has also created the Coinomat exchange service and set up a venture fund called Crypto Asset Fund.
The project’s Chief Community Manager is Martin Spodymek, a Polish engineer. The interface developer is Sergei Ischenko, a programmer with over ten years of professional experience. He is also responsible for putting together the team. Another project member participating in the development is Alexei Kiselev, also a graduate of Moscow State University.
The issue volume is 100 million coins, of which 85% were sold at the ICO and the remaining 15% were retained as a reserve.
The token price as of the ICO: 1 (WAVES) = US$ 0.188.
First listing date: June 02, 2016. The price of 1 (WAVES) = US$ 1.33.
At the moment, the coin price is US$ 2.29. Capitalization totals US$ 229,795,191.
Future prospects and conclusions
The forecasts in respect of the Waves development are moderately optimistic. Some of the investors believe that the price of this crypto currency will surge ten times next year, but it may not happen. On the other hand, nobody is expecting Waves to fall because of the high relevance of the project and the benefits it gives its users. The development of the project’s internal stock exchange, its blockchain-based voting system and the new crowd funding system has impressed many people around the world. As of today, the project is receiving substantial attention even on the part of public officials who are considering using Waves to upgrade state institutions.
Share this with your friends!
Be the first to comment
Please log in to comment