Hitecher already carried an article indirectly related to the cloud technologies theme. We tried to figure out what cloud mining is and what it can do. However, it should be understood that cloud systems are...
Hitecher already carried an article indirectly related to the cloud technologies theme. We tried to figure out what cloud mining is and what it can do. However, it should be understood that cloud systems are used not only for cryptocurrency mining, but also for many other purposes. Today, it is a real find for Internet business and one of the most promising areas pursued by high-tech corporations.
Cloud technologies concept
Cloud technologies represent a set of methods to provide a user with remote access to a common pool of configurable computing resources. Sounds a bit complicated, doesn’t it? But in fact, the "clouds” is extremely simple in essence. To give you an example: at the dawn of Internet, a user had to install a special program on his computer to access e-mail. All you have to do now is go to a website, which is essentially a cloud.
Why are cloud technologies so important?
Cloud technologies are opening a new page in the history – if not of humanity, then definitely of computing devices. If in earlier days our personal computers were bulging with software and all sorts of information, today, the lion’s share of them is stored in the Internet. All we need is to have a device with Internet access, and we are guaranteed to get access to all the resources we need.
In the future, the percentage of personal data stored in the World Wide Web will continue to grow. Already today, there are services that allow you to work with various programs and play video games without installing them on your hard drive.
Therefore, it will be the Internet speed that will pay the main role very soon, overshadowing all other parameters of digital devices.
Type of cloud technologies
There are three forms of cloud technologies depending on the type of access:
- Public clouds are structures simultaneously used by multiple users (both individuals and legal entities). Clients only use the cloud, without affecting its operation. Examples include online services: Amazon, Google Docs, Microsoft Office Web.
- Private clouds are secure IT infrastructures operated for the benefit of a single organization. They can be managed both by the company and a third party. The infrastructure is located on the customer’s premises or at an external operator’s facilities.
- Hybrid clouds are services that combine the features of private and public clouds. Depending on the task or business cycle phase, the company uses appropriate options.
Cloud technologies can also be classified by the functions performed:
- Content exchange — iCloud, Google Play, Xbox Live.
- Word processing — Google Docs, Microsoft Office Web Apps.
- Data storage — Google Disk, Yandex.Disk, Dropbox.
The future of cloud technologies
Cloud technologies save us unnecessary chores making our lives much easier, so it seems they have a most colourful future to look forward to. Giants, such as Google or Microsoft, have already proven their commitment giving a nod to smaller companies.
And if earlier the idea of storing confidential information in the Internet seemed insane, the world is not the same as it used to be, and our ideas of comfort have changed along with it. Once you have realized all the comforts offered by cloud technologies, you will never want to mess around with flash drives, CDs and other attributes of the era that has gone into oblivion.
Share this with your friends!